This celebratory event will showcase Somability, an accessible software application, created by designers from Cardiff Metropolitan University and Cariad Interactive in partnership with Rhondda Cynon Taf Skills for Independence day care service and Artis Community. The project uses game technologies to capture movement and generate beautiful, graphic imagery. A compelling preview of Somability will be performed by adults with profound and multiple disabilities and their support workers on the Glanfa Stage. This will be followed by an explanation of the project, panel discussion and an opportunity for the audience to join in and explore the software. There will opportunity to see other recent work being undertaken at CARIAD, to meet participants, researchers, organisations, charities and businesses improving people’s lives through the arts.
For more information on Somability and other CARIAD projects see:
CELEBRATION SHOWCASING SOMABILITY AND RECENT CARIAD PROJECTS
WALES MILLENNIUM CENTRE – GLANFA STAGE
11th of November 2014, 13:00 – 15:00
Order of event:
- 13:00 Introduction, led by Wendy Keay-Bright, with input Rhondda Cynon Taf Skills for Independence
- 13.20 Short Sharing of Somability with Artis Community
- 13:40 Introduction to CARIAD centre and CARIAD student projects
- 13.50 Panel discussion
- 14:00 Open (mic) free expression with Touch Trust for peers, families, friends and visitors to try Somability
- 14:20 Short Plenary discussion with RCT, Cariad, Artis Community and Touch Trust
- 14:30 Networking and chance to view other CARIAD projects
The event will be open to the public and in a public space.
Please send all enquires and RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org